L260 Sexing

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Hi All, here are two adult L260s both very different but does this mean there a pair? I combined two photos into one so they would be next to each other, would be great to know your thoughts

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
at first glance i'm thinking male on the left and female on the right....

but after a beer or ten im looking again and i'm thinking you have 2 totally different bloodlines and both are female....

i've never come across a male that isnt hairy.... i have seen some hairy as females but never a bald male.....

maybe its just the picture playing tricks on me!

do they go all the way in their caves more than 50% of the time?

Last edited:

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
If the one on the left is my one then I am pretty sure its male as it used to fight with the alpha male all the time and always get a kicking.

Cheers

thegeeman

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
at first glance i'm thinking male on the left and female on the right....

but after a beer or ten im looking again and i'm thinking you have 2 totally different bloodlines and both are female....

i've never come across a male that isnt hairy.... i have seen some hairy as females but never a bald male.....

maybe its just the picture playing tricks on me!

do they go all the way in their caves more than 50% of the time?

The one on the left caves and does a little fanning, the one on the right ive never had caves in the tank so i dont know, ive moved both fish last night to there own tank with caves and the left 260 caves and the right 260 hangs out infront of a cave

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Gee yours was the one on the right :)
HAHAHAHAHA I meant right. I removed him/her from the tank because it was getting a right hammering. Maybe it is female and was trying to get in the alpha males cave but he was never up for it, Who knows but If I left it in the tank it would not be here now. You can probably still see bite marks down its side.

Cheers

thegeeman

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
There is a section on the left hand side of the body where he/she`s white stripes are thicker and slightly pale area maybe a old war wound lol great little fish though :D

You can see on the photo ive just taken :)