Newby needs a ID please

thebisonman

Oct 14, 2010
Kentucky
Hello everyone,

I am new to Pleco Planet and to Pleco's. I am like a lot of people out there which have in the past kept the common Pleco but I never knew there were so many varities out there. My passion over the last twenty years or so has been Discus and I have recently added a few plecos to a wild caught tank. I have two gold nuggets and one which I have no clue what it is. Please help so I can do my best to meet their requirements.

Thanks,

Is there more than one type of gold nugget? Here is one of mine.

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
L052 is correct. Why are there so many about at the moment? Everywhere seems to have them. Lovely little butterfly plec.
Recently on the Columbia export lists that arrived in the UK added to that the drought in Brazil / amazon areas which has made pleco exports very slim pickings indeed for the last few months, where pretty plecos have been available they have been imported on mass by the looks of it

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Recently on the Columbia export lists that arrived in the UK added to that the drought in Brazil / amazon areas which has made pleco exports very slim pickings indeed for the last few months, where pretty plecos have been available they have been imported on mass by the looks of it
That would explain it... Lovely plecs though.