Possible L418?

rian

Apr 24, 2010
Hawaii
So one of the LFS here brought in this Panaque from his house. He says he's been keeping it for a very long time and out of all the stores on this island he always brings in the best and most wild caught fish.

Heres the pics taken with my phone since it was a spur of the moment...
I took three pictures and they seem all the same since he didn't move much but maybe it'll make that slight difference.
My thoughts. Light green body (picture does no justice) and gold trim tail. However the eye seems to be dull. the Size is about 7-8"

Last edited:

rian

Apr 24, 2010
Hawaii
That's what I was thinking. I'll call him tomorrow to ask for the price. What do you think is a fair price?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
That's what I was thinking. I'll call him tomorrow to ask for the price. What do you think is a fair price?
Tough to say. Knowing the situation of the Hawaiian market. Sky's the limit, depends if the seller knows what he's got or not. I'd expect a couple hundred bucks.

rian

Apr 24, 2010
Hawaii
Hawaiis market is actually quite strange.
Ex: small L-190 & L-191 under $20
L-25 3-4" for $195
we shall see what the owner says.
On another note I got another quote from a store further away saying he's seen on his list "shamper" and said I'd be about $180 by the time it comes to me.
However this is without pictures and just trusting the suppliers words.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Hawaiis market is actually quite strange.
Ex: small L-190 & L-191 under $20
L-25 3-4" for $195
we shall see what the owner says.
On another note I got another quote from a store further away saying he's seen on his list "shamper" and said I'd be about $180 by the time it comes to me.
However this is without pictures and just trusting the suppliers words.
Not strange at all. That's what I meant about the Hawaiian market. As imports require an agriculture permit, only those on the conditionally approved list are legally imported. Royals are legal, L25 is not. Thus the pricing. Not to mention that L25 and L418 are already more pricy.

rian

Apr 24, 2010
Hawaii
the price is set at 150.
due to new years coming up i won't be able to pick it up till january 2nd if it's still there..
I'll keep you guys updated.