ID please

P

Plecomadman

Just a quick one for you guys.. this is not my fish but somebody requiring an ID. couple of people have mentioned p.maccus but im 100% sure it isn't for obvious reasons (looks nothing like one IMO) and i think a peckolita species which again im close to been 100% sure on but what species do you think it is?

Thanks in advance :)

Plecomadman

Attachments

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
its not P. maccus thats for sure, it is one of the peckoltia sp. but which one isn't as clear, but then they never are lol, closest guess would be L015, Peckoltia vitatta

P

Plecomadman

its not P. maccus thats for sure, it is one of the peckoltia sp. but which one isn't as clear, but then they never are lol, closest guess would be L015, Peckoltia vitatta
Cheers mate, pretty much what ive put to the owner.

Anybody else want a stab at an ID?

Thanks again

Plecomadman

simonsplecs

Jul 29, 2010
norwich norfolk uk
hi joe doesnt look like my L009's mate i think in my opinion i would go with
L015 like scatz cause my lfs has one that looks similar and theyve got it as
L015 :dk:

simonsplecs

Jul 29, 2010
norwich norfolk uk
yea got 2 of them joe, and could poss be L202 , L202 has a bit of leopard spotty face,fish could of lost his pattern due to being a little stressed but can see where you coming from with L202. so its between L015 and L202 imo.:dk:heres the picture that i think looks like the fish in question and this is a
L015 what do you think same or not ?

Last edited:
P

Plecomadman

Thanks to all :), the main purpose was to find the species and peckolitia was exactly what i expected so as far as ID'ing that is good enough for me.

As to the suggestions, 009 i would say 100% no, 202 is a possibility but everyone ive seen in the flesh has been quite a strikingly marked dark based colour and even though the plec pictured may be stressed i think more of the 202 pattern would be obvious?.

The L15 is potentially the closest and this is what i expected from the thread, i guess as with alot of species nowadays patterning is to diverse within plec species to even come to any conclusion unless the patterning is 100% spot on obvious.

Thanks again all and all the help has been much appreciated.

Plecomadman