L046

Jamie24

Jul 29, 2009
Devon
The start of my group

Female

Big Male

Had delivery of a young female today unfortunately was d.o.a found 7 eggs inside her :cry: :wb:

J

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hi,

sorry for your loss. Nice start to your 46 collection though. They look good. all the best and keep us informed. cheers jk :thumbup:

Jamie24

Jul 29, 2009
Devon
She is female imo. completely different head shape to that of the males and body shape, you can also see the "pinch" just behind the start of the pectoral fins, and in hand look at the genital papilla is nice and round, not triangular and pointy like that of a males. she is also about 9 cm and is odontally hairy yes, but nothing like males of this size. has hardly any pectoral spines either...

J

Jamie24

Jul 29, 2009
Devon
I used to have 14 a few years ago, but had to sell up due to moving out of parents and buying a house.. had a few problems last year, but things are ok now. Have now just started to keep them again as time and money now allow.. and theres no other half to nag me about them now.. looking for more aswell, am going to have a few tanks set up with groups of these...

J

Jamie24

Jul 29, 2009
Devon
Shame :(

im sure you want to get some for your fish room, which by the way looks realy good by the way :thumbup:

J