5 x Wild Caught L46 Zebra Pleco's to sex please

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
I got an adult female zeb from Francis last year. I've dealt with him many times before with my Discus and thought it was worth a shot. Zeb arrived, took one look and thought well that's a male. After about a month of feeding up 'He' spawned with my little male.
Very difficult to tell from pics in a bucket, but I'm sure better pics could be provided.

Not the first time I've had egg laying male zebs lol ! Wilds seem to be even more difficult to sex as the ladies can look quite butch lol !

J

jamous91

Im not sure this is the way to go about sexing fish that cost hundreds and when fish are in a bucket how would you be able to tell if they "seem to like other"
you look and watch them carefully in the shop or where ever u get them from and while u r looking try to tell them apart and it to see if they like each other have a look - is there anytwo that spend more time together etc

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
you look and watch them carefully in the shop or where ever u get them from and while u r looking try to tell them apart and it to see if they like each other have a look - is there anytwo that spend more time together etc
HA!
never sex like that mate and please dont advise people to sex like that.

shape, colour, bristles, head, egg bound, hair, (with some"caving!")
but not if they are next to each other or hang with each other Big No no!

but im glade it worked for you
some how?
you must have bought breeding pairs of american cichlids or something like that! where they would defend there egg's/breeding rock/spot to the death?

as for the export band once there numbers are back up they will be allowable for export once again!

but as we know they breed in low numbers so it will take longer than other fish

J

jamous91

HA!
never sex like that mate and please dont advise people to sex like that.

shape, colour, bristles, head, egg bound, hair, (with some"caving!")
but not if they are next to each other or hang with each other Big No no!

but im glade it worked for you
some how?
you must have bought breeding pairs of american cichlids or something like that! where they would defend there egg's/breeding rock/spot to the death?

as for the export band once there numbers are back up they will be allowable for export once again!

but as we know they breed in low numbers so it will take longer than other fish
no it was common whiptail catfish and i only us the " see if they hang around each other " method a little a go mainly on shape, colour, bristles, head, egg bound, hair