royal id

andrewcoxon

May 5, 2010
north england
hey matt, was hoping you'd see this :yes: . what makes you say that?

i find royals hard to id but iv got a 190 nearly exactly the same size and its tail and stripes are different from this fella. also the eye colour isnt the same but that could be just the photo. either way il make sure i get a pic of its mouth when it arrives as once its in the tank il probably never get another chance lol

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
hey matt, was hoping you'd see this :yes: . what makes you say that?
It was just my gut reaction. None of the L027 varieties have the grey base colour like L190, despite being stressed/out of water, they retain a bright cream, yellow, brown etc. Although colour shouldn't always be relied on.

It's overal body shape fit's L190 better.

jacksonsjones

Jul 5, 2010
Sydney
My thoughts are it is L190. I have three of similar size and based on your picture above, width & colour of stripes, red eyes and filling in of the tail fins are identical to yours.
I purchased mine recently about 4months ago and they were sold to me as L190s.

J

mesonauta

Feb 26, 2011
holland
do you now if it,s caught resently, because my info is, is that all l27 are forbidden to export by brasilian goverment, same as with l46, so my guess would be also l190, altought its colours match p. nigr. 'tocantins' and also will be a l27, so that,s a difficult one here. nowadays you exually always need to now the exact location of catching the fish for the right dtermination