L173 on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
glasiers sell them as L173 but i have been told they do not sell L173 only the so called B.

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
These fish are UK tank bred fry from adult fish that I imported from Glasers over two years ago - so before the seller gets ripped to bits further on here he is selling the fish in genuine truth not labeled for gain he is selling them as they are

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
These fish are UK tank bred fry from adult fish that I imported from Glasers over two years ago - so before the seller gets ripped to bits further on here he is selling the fish in genuine truth not labeled for gain he is selling them as they are
I must have missed the seller getting ripped to bits in the first place?

Last edited:

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
no one is ripping the seller,read my first post...Also i have it on very good authority these are not L173,end of..As i say im not being mean or anything,i just like plecs to be labelled correctly..i have L173 and these are absolute miles apart...

Zebra Pleco

Retired Staff
Nov 18, 2010
Gardenstown, NE Scotland
www.zebra-plec.com
The seller, is a member on here, a very freindly person, who we all know. But I don't think its my place to name them here, incase theres any fallback. The fish are very nice, a geniune reason for sale and I don't think they are mis-advertisied, just providing the information that was given to them for sale.

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
Thats correct,i know the member also...As i say in no way do i mean to be insulting or anything.Also yes if you was told they were such & such you would probably label as such.Its got a conversation going anyway..lol

RobHarrison

Mar 29, 2010
Bolton, NW Uk
Advert seems fairly honest to me, if the id is under question then dont buy them! The person has provided lots of photos so cant say there hiding or holding back and also not asking for a starting price of £500 like we have all seen on ebay before, if anyones interested then bid if not why all the fuss. To me these are great looking fish and im sure the new owner will be very pleased with them

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
Your missing the point rob...The point is they are NOT L173 thats all.Not questioning the sellers reputation or anything like that..wish id kept my mouth shut now...lol..i never intend to upset anyone..

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I thought the "b" meant it was tank bred?. Anyway I havent seen a true L173 in all my time of fish keeping so would love to see yours doods. Where did you get them from?

Cheers

thegeeman

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
The problems arise in the L Number system when a personal opinion is taken as the final word, take the below fish these are mine in my tanks I have Males & Females the same with varied pattern, having spent the last 11 years owning L46 the last 8 years breeding them I can quite honestly say hands up these are the same fish not its own L Number be it 98, 173 it is a wavy lined zeb nothing more nothing less they get there own L Number along with the price tag imo just an L46

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
The problems arise in the L Number system when a personal opinion is taken as the final word, take the below fish these are mine in my tanks I have Males & Females the same with varied pattern, having spent the last 11 years owning L46 the last 8 years breeding them I can quite honestly say hands up these are the same fish not its own L Number be it 98, 173 it is a wavy lined zeb nothing more nothing less they get there own L Number along with the price tag imo just an L46
Nail and head spring to mind

Spot on Jo

Cheers

thegeeman

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Don't usually get involved in ID debates but I have these new L173's and my own zebs that I have kept for some years now. Photos can be quite deceiving when trying to make comparisons and all I can really add to the discussion is that side by side these two plecs ( L46 + L173 ) are noticeably different.

toddy123

Nov 4, 2010
kent
hi seen as these are my fish thought i would have a say i had these fish on here advertised for two days before putting them on ebay i thought i would give you all the chance to have them instead of a total stranger what made me laugh is that people asked for pictures of them so i sent them to them and you didn't even have the decency to message me back to let me know but you was one of the first to put you two pence in saying they not l173 so thanks any way nobody wanted them so i put them on ebay and i advertised them as they was sold to me so sorry for not being right but were not all perfect when i sell my fish in the future i will post some pictures on here for an i.d parade because when i sell my zeb fry i wouldn't want to be listing them as guppies would i thanks and way just wish you you would of all said something earlier then this thread wouldn't of even been publish thought everyone help each other out on here

windy

Apr 24, 2009
cardiff
hi seen as these are my fish thought i would have a say i had these fish on here advertised for two days before putting them on ebay i thought i would give you all the chance to have them instead of a total stranger what made me laugh is that people asked for pictures of them so i sent them to them and you didn't even have the decency to message me back to let me know but you was one of the first to put you two pence in saying they not l173 so thanks any way nobody wanted them so i put them on ebay and i advertised them as they was sold to me so sorry for not being right but were not all perfect when i sell my fish in the future i will post some pictures on here for an i.d parade because when i sell my zeb fry i wouldn't want to be listing them as guppies would i thanks and way just wish you you would of all said something earlier then this thread wouldn't of even been publish thought everyone help each other out on here
i had the same prob as you toddy when i put mine up for sale
the same person slagged mine off aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.