L173 on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie24

Jul 29, 2009
Devon
L411 are confused with L260 all the time, and the fry are very different and that picture on his site is of a young L411 MD not a L260.

But his L173 are the real deal IMO (i will post a separate thread on theories that I am busy writing at the moment regarding sp. diversity and the "L number system")

J

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
if thats a pic of a real 260 then all the other pics on the web are wrong
I am not saying that Windy. Just thought for one minute I had stumbled across someone with a very good knowledge of Hypans. I checked out the 173 site ages ago and was actually buying into the 173 thing until I saw the pics of the L236 and L260 and then I thought if those arent right (IMO) then maybe the others arent:dk:. I am not trying to poo poo anyone at all but just trying to understand the madness that is hypan world:lol:.

Doods I am disapointed you choose to bow out as I was actually enjoying a really good debate and TBH you will always get hangers on like windy in any thread mate

Cheers

thegeeman

windy

Apr 24, 2009
cardiff
I am not saying that Windy. Just thought for one minute I had stumbled across someone with a very good knowledge of Hypans. I checked out the 173 site ages ago and was actually buying into the 173 thing until I saw the pics of the L236 and L260 and then I thought if those arent right (IMO) then maybe the others arent:dk:. I am not trying to poo poo anyone at all but just trying to understand the madness that is hypan world:lol:.

Doods I am disapointed you choose to bow out as I was actually enjoying a really good debate and TBH you will always get hangers on like windy in any thread mate

Cheers

thegeeman
i no your not gee
but me and you have bred and seen so many fish over the years
so i think we have a good idear of whats what

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
Look im really really sorry Gee and peeps,if i thought it was still a debate rather than an attck i would be in there..This thread has generated so much interest..I never meant to insult anyone at anytime..I just for once in my life am right and will bulid my "Shitty Wall" to defend.Anyone tried the "Shitty chicken" or the " Shitty Beef" ?

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Look im really really sorry Gee and peeps,if i thought it was still a debate rather than an attck i would be in there..This thread has generated so much interest..I never meant to insult anyone at anytime..I just for once in my life am right and will bulid my "Shitty Wall" to defend.Anyone tried the "Shitty chicken" or the " Shitty Beef" ?
You have really got to stop smoking that stuff:lol: Wtf is the "shitty chicken and beef" thing?

I take no offence to you what so ever as its only fish keeping and now I am packing it in I feel alot more sane lately:D.

Look at this link form Mr Siedel, He has the L46 L173 L98 down as the same fish but just variants. He collects the bloody fish so if he doesnt know then how the jeff are we supposed to know.
http://backtonature.nu/pleco/fisk.php?NR=187

Oh and look at the pic on the right, Thats a pukka L236 with the cream base colour.....unless my eye a worse than I though and your 236 have the creamy base colour doods.

Cheers

thegeeman

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Hehe i thought just to add in, that i bought teddys L173 and even if they arent right L number, they still worth it because they are a beautiful fish! and it worth every penny!

Unungy

May 29, 2009
ca
www.unungy.com
They are very unique and attractive plecos to keep and definitely rare.

I think there are two types of L173, as it has been discussed in plantecatfish many times before.

One that has the wavy lines and looks pretty much like an L46 zebra and the conventional Glaser L173 that many people have seen in the UK.

I found this tread very interesting as some pictures posted are extraordinary.

I think the more we debate an analyze possibly pictures of L173's the more we'll eventually come up with a pattern of what is a TRUE L173 or L236.

Could the owner of the L173 post more pictures of them?

Saul

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
I will post some as soon as they arrive when they have settled and the colours come out again. I cant wait to get them :D

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
L173

Not saying a word...im staying behind my "Shitty wall"

:lol::lol: After the last time I dont blame you Doods. I must admit I am a little confused? They were put up for sale and I assumed he already had them and now he is waiting for them to arrive?
Why buy them if you are going to sell them before you even get them? Strange! :dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.