ive had him for 21/2 years
it looked a lot nicer when it was younger

would be nice to see what people think

i think its a hybrid :wb:

Last edited:

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Yeah it is annoying as i really want them, but work messed up payments of wages which has screwed me over for this month, so i am having to juggle payments around and as you can imagine 3 of these is a big chunk of money, though hopefully now i might be able to keep them. sorry for the confusion

Unungy

May 29, 2009
ca
www.unungy.com
:hi:

this fish was bought from glaser's as a L173b
ive had him for 21/2 years
it looked a lot nicer when it was younger

would be nice to see what people think

i think its a hybrid :wb:
It looks more like an L400 variant but better pictures will definitely help.

I know its hard... but in my opinion mature fish like yours can be easily compared with other specimens around to determine its genuinely.

Saul

windy

Apr 24, 2009
cardiff
its not like any L400 i have or seen
it has a smaller tail compared to a L400
more L066ish

this fish came in the same group as the parents of the ones selling on ebay

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
i am sorry to say but they were Dead on Arrival, nothing wrong with packaging and stuff, looks like they had been thrown about as there was internal bleeding and bruising, though i have taken some pictures which i will post later as i promised :(

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Yeah not happy :( but they have said they will refund me for the fish since it was their mistake which good, but i will post the pictures, they still look beautiful.

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
L173

i am sorry to say but they were Dead on Arrival, nothing wrong with packaging and stuff, looks like they had been thrown about as there was internal bleeding and bruising, though i have taken some pictures which i will post later as i promised :(
That is a shame, who delivered them so I know who NOT to use in the future?

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Yeah not happy :( but they have said they will refund me for the fish since it was their mistake which good, but i will post the pictures, they still look beautiful.
thats very unlike couriers to admit fault, let alone offer a refund. at least you've not lost anything on it, shame about the fish though, i'm sure someone would have loved them

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Royal mail special delivery, you could see package had been thrown around, the water was warm so they didnt die of cold, bag was in tacked and chemical levels were fine. So they said fill out a claim form and send pictures and we will get a refund to you within 30 days :D

here pictures of them that i promised

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
Unless the box was marked as "Fry" Royal mail will prob not re-emburse you.As their website clearly states that they only courier fry.Anything else they do not..Hope you do though...Good luck! (Suppose nothing to stop u writing "Fry" on the box and taking a pic)

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Well lets see what they say, hopefully they will, even if just 50% better than nothing. but hay i learnt a lesson from it, just a very expensive one.

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
Royal mail

Unless the box was marked as "Fry" Royal mail will prob not re-emburse you.As their website clearly states that they only courier fry.Anything else they do not..Hope you do though...Good luck! (Suppose nothing to stop u writing "Fry" on the box and taking a pic)

Hi Doods, they wont reimburse even for fry unless they are being sent to a university or laboratory, I have tried to claim twice and both times they would only refund the postage for late delivery, I lost over £100 worth of fish.

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
Royal mail

really, ha i am about to lose 400 worth :( even if it their fault due to mishandling?
I know, they are not fair. Both of my lots were delivered a day late and arrived dead, I put the claim in and they phoned me up to tell me the fry were not covered but they would refund the postage.

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
mmm i know, we learn from our mistakes. was looking forward to trying to breed them :( was going to be my big project. but yeh next time i will make sure i collect something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.