L173 on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
I posted a zeb to Jamie24 on here, it arrived, dead tried to get Royal Mail involved, they wanted nothing to do with it, not even a refund in postage.

I and Jamie are both not happy people at the moment.
If people want fish posting then do it by proper couriers and not royal mail. They do not carry fish so why bother sending if you are then going to moan about it. It might have saved you a couple of quid but it never it cost you a couple of hundred no doubt. I think people should buy local fish or get in the car and make the drive, Its not royal mail who killed the fish, it was you both at fault.

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Lol calm down joeplec, well when i send stuff i dont expect them to be thrown around when it has fragile live goods written on it :D. same as if you have tv or something by mail and they throw it around and break it. but hay ho, we both learnt a lesson. and stuff like that i normally would but 4 hour trip is a bit of a journey when i did trust royal mail. had fish come from scotland by royal mail the same day and they arrived perfectly fine. just one of those things

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Lol calm down joeplec, well when i send stuff i dont expect them to be thrown around when it has fragile live goods written on it :D. same as if you have tv or something by mail and they throw it around and break it. but hay ho, we both learnt a lesson. and stuff like that i normally would but 4 hour trip is a bit of a journey when i did trust royal mail. had fish come from scotland by royal mail the same day and they arrived perfectly fine. just one of those things
You can say what you want but your chosen method of transportation coupled with the fact that you trusted royal mail as the courier even though they dont trust themselves actually killed the fish. Its plain and simple. It wasnt the responsibility of royal mail even if they kicked the package up your path! Expensive mistake. Not the first and wont be the last. I feel for the fish!

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Less of the personal attacks.

Royal mail have delivered fish to me on numerous occasions and all have been in tip top condition, i feel this incident is not norm and i know of plenty of people who send fish via royal mail with no problems. To say they have killed the fish is ridiculous, whos to say a courier wouldnt have smashed the box around?

Why dont they trust themselves Joe? just because they dont offer insurance on live fish?

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Haha yeah exactly, i trust them as they are normally very good, it just one of those incidents. well it just one those things. just bad luck.

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Less of the personal attacks.

Royal mail have delivered fish to me on numerous occasions and all have been in tip top condition, i feel this incident is not norm and i know of plenty of people who send fish via royal mail with no problems. To say they have killed the fish is ridiculous, whos to say a courier wouldnt have smashed the box around?

Why dont they trust themselves Joe? just because they dont offer insurance on live fish?
Firstly there was no personal attack so lets not make a drama out of this.
The action taken to send the fish in the first place is ulitmately responsible thats fact. Sad but true. If royal mail wanted their service to be used for that then they would list it as acceptable. I to have sent and received fish via royal mail, but its not like its their fault. Someone has to accept responsibilty and why should it be a postal service who dont courier adult fish? Why not the person who used the service in the wrong manner?

Nothing personal at all and to suggest i am personally attacking someone is absolutely pathetic!

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
They do not carry fish so why bother sending if you are then going to moan about it. Its not royal mail who killed the fish, it was you both at fault.

I find that a personal attack on another member.

But as always Joe you are right and the whole world is wrong so i apologise without reservation to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.