what bn is this?

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
hellp guys and girls

I bought a couple of pleco's from a local store - they are marked up as bn's and i think they are bn's but they unlike any that i already own. Are they a certain species ...marbled bn's or something?

:dk:

Attachments

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
o a calico!i got these two for £9...thats cheap right? someone tell me it's cheap i do like a bargin! lol

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
If they are calico then they look pretty stressed. I would wait till they are more settled for photos. £9 is fine for them.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
They do looked stressed I agree-had only been out a liitle bit. Rest assured I didn't use a flash. Will give them a couple days and take it again :) cheers

Jimmy

Mar 21, 2011
UK
My Calicos were like yours when I originally brought them home from a local auction but once they had settled in a bit they darkened up and now look like this.

PIC_0720.JPG

They are sometimes refered to as LDA16's

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
They have settled in.now and darkened up - I wasn't sure if they we're pitballs or not because they had them in the next door tank but because they have a couple little bristles on them. Will get another picture when my batteries charge up! Cheers people

Jimmy

Mar 21, 2011
UK
That's some transformation, it looks more like a pale common Bn now, what colour is the underside?

Last edited:

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
interesting , interesting! you think a common bn not just a common? I havent got space for two common giants...lol

Their underside it almost white... does that help?

cheers guys n girls

cole

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
does still look quite pale. its possibly a common bn, there are many of them! take another pic in a few days, see if they change?

Jimmy

Mar 21, 2011
UK
hi ev31 - managed to get some pic's now they have settled down , their colour has really darkened but i'm still not sure what they are!

:dk:
In your second photo the markings look like those on a BN, but my calico BN's have never displayed these markings although they do have the paler underside. It may still be stressed and the colouration will return to normal given time.

Is it just the camera angle that is making the fish look like it has a sunken stomach.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
common bn after all?

hey ev31

thought i would update the thread with an image of him now fully settled in.... common bn after all?

respects
cole

p.s still has a white bottom! (to much talc?)

Attachments