Please sex my L201

Davidefc

Feb 19, 2010
Liverpool
Picked up a tiro today, they are recent import, just wanted to check, are these 2 female and 1 male.

Fish 1: I think female

Fish 2: I think male

Fish 3: female?

Together:

Regards
Dave

Davidefc

Feb 19, 2010
Liverpool
Hi,

I think

first: female with deformation of the head
second: male
third: too small for sex determination

Greetings
Elko
Thanks, but wheres the deformation? These are wild caught fish striaght from columbia.

Thanks to everyone else, seems me and a friend did well sexing these, shame about the L129.

Regards
Dave

shiva

Oct 21, 2010
durham
Hi dave
nice hypans mate,did you get them off aq?
I was going to have a stab at the l129!!picked a couple up locally so was going to pick another couple up to start a group,beat me to it,lol.
Hows the gachuas?
Rob

Davidefc

Feb 19, 2010
Liverpool
Hi dave
nice hypans mate,did you get them off aq?
I was going to have a stab at the l129!!picked a couple up locally so was going to pick another couple up to start a group,beat me to it,lol.
Hows the gachuas?
Rob
Alright Rob,
Got them from a friend, he may have advertised the rest on AC, I will probably move these 2 on, as most people say their both males.
Think you've got me mixed up with someone else, I dont keep snake heads, I keep Central American Cichlids.

Hi,

that's a Hypancistrus sp. "L 201"-female:

In Figure 1 provides for the head / snout from shortened.
Or deceive the picture?

------------------

It is probably correct. In the pictures above is Hypancistrus contradens.

Greetings
Elko
I can see what you mean and dont know if it was just the angle of the picture as I only took one that is posted, I dont think that means its deformed, I have seen many female H.contradens heads like that.

Regards
Dave