Sold as White Tail Pleco?

ketefish

May 16, 2011
Derbys, UK
I'm trying to get an I.D on this pleco i brought today, info on the tank said White Tail Pleco but when a member of staff was asked for the L number they didn't know it. I thought No problem i'll just google it when i get home, but to i cant seem to find anything specifically called white tail pleco
I would appreciate any help
Thanks

Attachments

ketefish

May 16, 2011
Derbys, UK
thank you so much everyone!!!
theres so many to look at and being a bit of a newbie it all gets a little confusing so your help is greatly appreciated
thanks again:)

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
dont worry, its nothing to do with being a newbie, The whole L number sytem is massively confusing on its own, then add in local shops making up names like "white tailed pleco" (one i've never heard before) and it'll drive you round the bend

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
dont worry, its nothing to do with being a newbie, The whole L number sytem is massively confusing on its own, then add in local shops making up names like "white tailed pleco" (one i've never heard before) and it'll drive you round the bend
Its not only local shops but wholesalers also.I have a list just now with a white dotty pleco on it :dk: going by the price I am assuming its a L001

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Just wait until you get to the Hypans and L Numbers

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::thumbup:

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Wonderful gets big eats like crazy and then gets hummpy what a bargain fish they will do any thing to shift fish them wholesalers.