L168

Plecomate

Jul 28, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Hey buddy, No expert here, But from what I have picked up in Pic 1, Far left Male and right Female. Pics are a bit difficult to see their pec. fins and the snout at the tip of the head. From what I understand, males have a little bump at the tip of the head, whereas females are fully rounded. Males also tend to have wider and hairier pec. fins. Just my 2 cents but sure you well get more accurate responses.

Thanks

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
i hope the guy that sold them to you didnt say that they breed as i see 2 males in those pics

and that would lead me to believe that you were sold 3 males and one got killed

i do hope that im wrong

MICKSNOWDOG

Jan 30, 2011
AUSTRALIA
so rear fins are the same, pectoral fins on both fish are thick boned nd very hairy, tails are both very hairy but the darker one has a more pronounced bump on the nose than the other one does, thats the only slight difference i can pick up on there between them except for the obvious darker colour.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
i think you have 2M. cheers jk
Be wary of what others say and also stating others facts.
Do you have photos of the three fish before you bought them ? Maybe the F passes away. Also the LDA01, any photos ? If you have issues with a buyer, then there is a forum for this as well.

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
i think you have 2M. cheers jk
Be wary of what others say and also stating others facts.
Do you have photos of the three fish before you bought them ? Maybe the F passes away. Also the LDA01, any photos ? If you have issues with a buyer, then there is a forum for this as well.
well said .

i only said that the other one might of been killed as if these were both male then there is a chance that the third was male also!

as for the forum for regarding issues please explain?
im shocked that he was so fust in naming and shaming after 2 replies lol

MICKSNOWDOG

Jan 30, 2011
AUSTRALIA
ah, its not worth chasing. it probably was an honest mistake. i got no bones with him over it, if it was or was not an honest mistake then the guy i got em from shouldn't care, he did after all sell me healthy fish and i did not get pics first which was my choice.
spewin hey, 2 males. no wonder i didn't have any luck getting em to breed hey haha

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
yeah i would be upset over it price is always higher when they are sexed but if it was a il do my best to get you a mix of 1 m and 2 females then it was on you to pic!

i feel bad for you ! but ild try find a swap male for a female! im sure someone might need to get some new blood in there group?