Just found these

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
L400???:dk:
i have one thats very similar to yours, head shape, eye size wise, always had it pegged as a 400 but i dont really know either

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
lovely,
would hate to name them could even be hybrids I guess.
some nice whiskers too
I am positive they are wild caught as I trust the LFS:wb:
But having said that so many importers are keen to find that new fish they are i am sure breeding stuff , I know that one German company gave some wild caught Hypans to a breeder to try and get an established line and they were crossed L066 to try and obtain some fish that were like L173.:wb:
I personally believe that 70% or more of the imported Hypans we see are natural variants from with in the L066/ L400 group of fish.:wb:

They have spawned so it will be interesting to see what the young look like in a year.:lol:

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
are they all just the same plecs with different squiggles on?? If you can't identify something what are you suppose to do with them?

Can't really sell them as maybe L400 or maybe L066 or maybe hybrid.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
are they all just the same plecs with different squiggles on?? If you can't identify something what are you suppose to do with them?

Can't really sell them as maybe L400 or maybe L066 or maybe hybrid.
If I sell the fry I do not use the L Number system I list as a described Species or a Variant.