Anubias pics

C8lyn

Aug 3, 2010
Toowoomba, Qld
Thought I'd take a couple of pics of my anubias tonight after trimming off some of the crappy leaves.
It was only about 12 - 15cm across when I first attached it to the log. Now look at it! I love the look of all the roots hanging down the back of it. I never get to see that part of it because it's at the back of the tank.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
wow nice and green.1 of mine looks like that,it would stuff the tank up if i removed it lol.
not sure where or how to cut them tho...

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
lovely :) to cut it i just get a bit where there is a seam on the main stalk, for example on the last pic take of about 5 leaf stalks from the right side and cut neatly and it should be fine :) btw a piece that size would easily go for about £25 plus :thumbup:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
how did you initially attach it ? I have 2 small same plants, stuck um in the V of a pc of wood but have not attached .
Georgie

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
I use wire wraps like bag ties they are able to be moulded to the shape of the wood.
If you use a thin wire like fishing line a fish can get trapped under it. Most plants on wood use this method so I avoid them

The wire wrap can be removed once the plant has “Locked” on to the wood.
You can buy rolls of wire wrap meant for plants from a few shops. Be carful using wire wraps that are made of a ferrous metal and have a paper covering.
Stainless steel and plastic covering are a must.

I got my wire wrap from Aquajardine.

Last edited:

C8lyn

Aug 3, 2010
Toowoomba, Qld
I just held it onto the driftwood with two rubber bands. Not tight, just enough to stop it from floating away. It grabbed on in no time.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
thanks mac for the info... got the wire you used , a roll I use for gardening outside. Nobody seems to touch these plants , a few tiny holes in a leaf is all, but had them for a few years...will try your method:hi:
Georgie