Any tips on taking good photos?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
me too really.

A tripod definitely helps, all my half decent pics have been with a tripod.

Use macro and good lighting:yes:

That's all i can think of, i'm sure there's more lol

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
wait until night time, turn off all the lights around you, just leaving the tank lights on, ideally, you would have done a nice big water change and cleaned the glass that day.
depending on your camera, you may need to push down half way so that it focuses, then move forward an inch before taking the pic as a lot of cameras still focus on the glass

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
clean glass on both sides.
if using flash, do not point camera straight at tank or flash will reflect back off the glass so hold at a slight angle to the glass, either sideways or up/down.
take lots, but dont freak the fish too much.
feeding time is often best.

weisel

May 5, 2009
st albans
i take about 50 pics and only end up with about 10 good ones. theres not much more i can add really as all the above people have covered it. i guess patience is the main thing and a steady hand, lol.

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
I have to take my pictures on my mobile phone, but i do try to remember to clean the glass and the tank is clean. Then it seems to be a whole lot of luck lol : D

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
just remembered. My camera has a burst function where it can take lots of pics in one go. More often than not, the second or third pic that's taken has been my best one.

Pete

May 19, 2009
North wales
Cant add much to the good advice given already except I sit and wait with the camera on a tripod until the plecos are not moving then fire away

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
Luck!!! Its all about luck, well with me anyhow. That and the Macro setting, make sure the little flower thingy/symbol is turned on.
Never had/used a tripod....Mebbe thats why its all luck with me. Haaaaaaaaaa