assassin snail eggs

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
hi,my new assassins have been busy,ive got at least 10 of these eggs (that i can see) in my tank:

pic from google images,eggs to small to take a good pic in my tank.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
yes they are strange looking eggs!
I used to have assassin snails but decided they were not wise for breeding tanks so got rid of them

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
lol,these guys are very cleaver.last night before i left for work,4 of them cornerd a MTS that was at least 1 inch long,bigger than the assaissins,and had a feast.
looked in the tank when i got up and there was all 6 of them having lunch.
there doing a good job sorting out my pond snails too.

Bwhiskered

Feb 3, 2010
Canada
Assassin snails do a great job but after they clean out a tank of all the other snails they become a pain always hiding in Pleco caves. The only thing is they do not seem to breed as fast. After a while they show up almost as thick as MTS snails.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
Hello hello,
Just looking back on old invert threads for info and wondered how your assassin snails turned out.did they finish you snails up and then multiply?
Respect cc

Derek

Apr 27, 2012
Edinburgh
The young Assassin snails will hide as soon as they are born and you won't see them for a month or two. When I bred mine the young hid and I didn't see them till they looked like smaller version of the adults. They take a wee while to hatch though.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
Cheers Derek,
They sell them at the lfs for £6 for two which hurts the bank balance!
Respect cc

rickyjjuk

Jun 3, 2009
Suffolk
Hi ccole mine are now breeding like mad so hopefully in and month or 2 I will them for sale 10 for £10 :)

Regards

Ricky

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Hello hello,
Just looking back on old invert threads for info and wondered how your assassin snails turned out.did they finish you snails up and then multiply?
Respect cc
They had all the pest snails in my tank. I see baby assassins some times, they look cool when there small, but they also look the same as the sand so I never know if I'm sucking one up when cleaning the tank.
They still leave eggs around. I add 2 pond snails from my water butts every 4 weeks to my 75L just to feed them.
I have 1 assassin in my edge, he keeps the MTS number down.
I'm not sure if they eat all the time or not but I can still see some MTS in the edge. They also leave my zebra snails alone,4 in my 75L and 1 in the edge.