[B][/B] what do you think this is?

PlecoMM

May 9, 2012
Perth
I have two corys that i received ones slightly bigger than the other one and they NEVER leave each others side the smaller one (im guessing is a male from his behaviour) will stop infront of the big one and almost vibrate? Like his showing off lol

What does this mean?:dk:
I dont know much about corys i have seen pics of this cory but i never saw the name

All opinions!!!:D

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
corys live in groups and you should have at least 6. they like to shool and this is just normal schooling behaviour. I would not worry. cheers jk :thumbup:

PlecoMM

May 9, 2012
Perth
I have 5 all up but only 2 of that species.
Thanks for that i just thought it was rather odd are they difficult to breed?

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Sounds like spawning bahaviour, the male is trying to 'T' with the female, one day she might take notice of him :)

I would add a few more to the group, they'll be much happier.

Cheers
Gem

PlecoMM

May 9, 2012
Perth
You saying "T" does that mean when she lays on er side and he goes to the middle of her as if to nibble her? Cause ive seen him do that a few times?

Thanks gem

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
the male will use his barbels to stimulate egg release and this is done when the female lays on her side, however it depends on the female and her mood. cheers jk :thumbup:

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
once sti,ulated enough, the female will carry the eggs between her back pectoral fins and deposite them on a leaf , rock , wood etc. Keep an eye on her. A 40% water change also stimulates them to breed and before thewater change feed them blood worms. Also sometimes if they are still imature, they will try it out. cheers jk :thumbup: