Best silicone for slate caves?

James16

Sep 5, 2010
Devon
I have a few slate roof tiles, (never used so in perfect condition) and i was wondering what the best silicon to use was?

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
In my lfs they have some sealant that comes in with the pond stuff and is much cheaper at £4.95 for a big tube of it like the ones you get in B&Q etc but its proper aquarium stuff :thumbup: I have to ask for it though its under the counter :whistle: or you'll just pay silly prices for the small tubes on the shelves :wb:

graham26

Jul 15, 2009
Berkshire
In my lfs they have some sealant that comes in with the pond stuff and is much cheaper at £4.95 for a big tube of it like the ones you get in B&Q etc but its proper aquarium stuff :thumbup: I have to ask for it though its under the counter :whistle: or you'll just pay silly prices for the small tubes on the shelves :wb:
Does it come in a brown paper bag by any chance :lol:

James16

Sep 5, 2010
Devon
Thanks for the advice I'll check it out next time I'm in the lfs.

Thanks for that link but it says minimum order of £10 and I only need one tube!

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Do you have a pets at home nearby? I'm pretty sure they sell 2 types in small tubes, sorry cant remember price but thats where I got some from to put some caves together, don't think it's too expensive though.

Dec 4, 2010
Rossendale
I have a few slate roof tiles, (never used so in perfect condition) and i was wondering what the best silicon to use was?

I use GEC silicon, I get it from my local glass merchant and it even has a fish safe label on the back (well rare), they sell it as a side line really there main business is provision and cutting glass. Its cheap a s well £3.95 for a full size tube, stinks to high heaven though, but he's a nice bloke! (joke!!!) the silican i mean.

Regards

Dave