Bettas

C8lyn

Aug 3, 2010
Toowoomba, Qld
I recently bought a nice male fighter on an impulse which wasn't such a bad thing because I've now decided to have a crack at breeding bettas and working with genetics to generate some beauties. It'll give me something to fill my time as I've recently become single.
Here's the beauty that sparked my interest
He was marked as a Halfmoon but after doing my research I've found that he's a Delta. But considering the genes he may carry I'm not fussed. He looks like he's got a bit of butterfly, marble and maybe a touch of dragon.
I've been trying to get a better picture of him flaring under a good light.

Some friends at Petstock offered me some halfmoon females of theirs for free so I have something to start with. They've both got some good tail rays but like the male I have no idea of their genetic background so I'll just have to wait and see what pops out!

The hardest thing I'll have to do is set myself a goal of what I am aiming for as an end result. I'm going on holidays next weekend and want to make a trip to Fishchick Aquatics to maybe get a good male to breed into my line.
There's to many choices damnit!

Enjoy!

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
Lovely bettas <3

I used to breed these a few years back. Even with full halfmoons I never got many halfmoons back out of the fry, but its fun playing with the genetics :yes:

Good luck with them, I look forward to seeing the results :D

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
Time to start collecting glass jars lol. People just to use beanie bear boxes for the fry when they grow big enough to separate. He definately is a stunner of a male, its funny how many LFS misslabel fighters due to a lack of education. I got a crown tail once for the price of a normal one and i was pretty chuffed lol then he got eaten :(

Fishchicks is a great place for fighters i went there when i was on holiday in queensland last month just dont revcommend going when its busy not alot of room to move :(.

If i was breeding them i would probably breed him with the second female :)