Brenguns Redseamax 250

pleco_man

Sep 3, 2010
Sydney
Hi mate you have a great setup with great equipment. Just wanted to share my two cents in regards the "3 free anemones", I personally killed every single one of those anemones off as once they get a hold in a Marine tank they spread like wildfire.

Last edited:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
About time for an update. Blenny has gone to blenny heaven. He ate something which swelled up his throat and he died with a dark blue throat. All other fish and shrimp fine so was just blennys bad luck.
Full tank shot:

Ltoro

Apr 9, 2011
Australia
Hi Bren...I woul like to ask your opinion on the redsea tanks. This Friday me and my wife are going to a red sea seminar at my LFS to get some info on starting a sal****er tank. I'm curios as far as if it is worth it to get a redsea set up that is all iclusive on the equipment end or if it would be better to go ahead and buy the filter, skimmer and tank separately. What due you think?....thanks
Emanuel

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Filters, skimmer, pumps are all inclusive as are lights. Its a complete all in one setup. You may need to add a chiller for warmer Australian conditions and a pump for that. There is provision in the back for the pump.

I added an extra bit, a two little fishies phosphate reactor. Took a little bit of time to drill and cut the holes in the back but works well.

I also added a wavemaker to get a bit of different currents happening.

I would love for redsea to put out a replacement hood with LED lights installed rather than the T5's which need their tubes replaced every 6-9mths for full spectrum lighting.

In the end I am happy I only got a 3ft tank as I am using salt mix to do my wc and that stuff is expensive to buy. It is quite a small tank for corals and anemones to grow in and stretch out tho.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Wow! The tank looks amazing! The corals are growing and filling in beautifully! Keep up the good work!!<3:thumbup:<3:thumbup:<3:thumbup::thumbup:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Wow! It's grown so much Bren, Love the fluro one, the pants have blossomed, wow, It really amazing...You ought to be proud..:eek:)
Very Impressive

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
wow ! looks like ''fantasia'' so many cool characters in there , love the purple alvin , but all have such different elements to them. amazing and very cool:thumbup:

you must be doing an excellent job cuz they all seem to be thriving so well and happy !
Beautiful :clap:

Georgie

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
It was interesting last week. The coral banded shrimp shed his shell in one piece, claws and whiskers included.
The elegance coral ate it but it was too much for one feed so for a couple of days I have had a coral sporting claws and whiskers lol.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Ok double 75W leds on now. Looks fantastic!
Before shot with T5's burning 234watts.

Now with 150watts total of half blue half white 3watt leds.

Its a different sort of light altogether and the white sand has heaps of shimmer.