can my tank support a common pleco

mark134

Oct 6, 2009
PA
i can see below his mouth it moves like hes breathing it moves like every secound or lower he also moves his body when i look at him

i dont know if its an adult it said he was a large and it cost $20 so i dont know
maybe later tonight he will start moving its 6:10 p.m. now

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Most likely an adult. ok if he doesn't seem to be breathing too fast, then wait till lights out and see how he is doing. Maybe try not to let him see you though.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
i can see below his mouth it moves like hes breathing it moves like every secound or lower he also moves his body when i look at him

i dont know if its an adult it said he was a large and it cost $20 so i dont know
maybe later tonight he will start moving its 6:10 p.m. now
It is an adult, an adult male. You can tell by the bristles.

This may seem kinda strange, but the more hiding places you provide, the more likely it will be to come out with the lights on.

mark134

Oct 6, 2009
PA
yea i need to buy a log or some caves for him
does anyone have a link they can post of good things for it to hide i can buy

Last edited:

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
If you have an old clay flower pot,you can use that.Since you have an adult,make sure it's big enough so he can fit.

Lay the pot on it's side.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Slate is a great option i use it alot. Your Bn seems quite happy from the pics, but you do need to supply some more caves. What species of fish is the one to the bottom right of your first pic?

mark134

Oct 6, 2009
PA
i just ordered 30 pieces of slate for $12 ill post pics once they get here and i build the cave i think i need drift wood too

oh that is my gold dojo loach

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
I can see by your posts you are new to owning a Bn.

A good thing to do since you own a adult fish is getting into a routine on maintaining your tank.I like to do a gravel clean every other week.Adult bns leave alot of waste which could harm the other fish in your tank.i keep track of such things by markings on a calender.

mark134

Oct 6, 2009
PA
yea ill clean the bottom even tho i hate doing that
tony your pleco looks really good it looks bigger than mine
i was going to get one of those albino kind

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanx Mark,If you have any questions,send them to me via Pm.I'll be glad to help.

:hi:

edit:What kind of wafer are you feeding?I like Wardleys

Last edited: