Cory fry savers

Dec 5, 2010
melbourne
Just wondering if anyone could post photos of there Fry savers that they use for cories? I always get them to a week old and they die so I think it may be when I change the water with the main tank water, was thinking I could put mesh to let the water flow through the container constantly. Cheers Mick

Dec 5, 2010
melbourne
I had seen that thread but there is no feedback as to how well it worked so I was hoping someone who has a proven fry saver to let me copy hehe.. I'll have to give it a go and post mine up for judgement

coo-ee

Nov 1, 2009
Perth, Australia
fry savers

Fry deaths after a week in a self-contained fry saver may be from the buildup of biofilm on the internal surfaces. Run your finger on the inside of the frysaver. Does it feel slimey??

I wipe my fry savers (vented and non-vented) out every couple of days.

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
Fry deaths after a week in a self-contained fry saver may be from the buildup of biofilm on the internal surfaces. Run your finger on the inside of the frysaver. Does it feel slimey??

I wipe my fry savers (vented and non-vented) out every couple of days.
I'm just going through my first experience of fry in a fry-saver. I discovered the slime around the edge after a couple of days. I cleaned the fry-saver out really well. I knew white slime couldn't be a good thing.