Do you think this racking is any good?

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
Have you tried Rapid Racking? they do a very good range :thumbup:
I have just had a look, I need something only 900mm wide, so I can only see 1 shelf that will do but it is nearly twice the price.

Anyway I'll chat with you tomorrow about it when I collect my L134's and Super Reds :woohoo:

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
The rio 180 including water will weigh about 200kg so should be fine. The rest will be well within the weight limit.

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
There is no way i would have any tank "hanging over the edge a bit". With no support under the very edge of the tank the weight will push further onto the side pieces of the tank.

Wouldnt risk it. Especially since the fish your likely to put in it are not going to be cheap why skimp on the stand thats got to support what you have just bought.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
the other option is to cut a board to size of your overhanging tank and place that on the rack thus you would distribute the weight.... cheers jk :thumbup:

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
There is no way i would have any tank "hanging over the edge a bit". With no support under the very edge of the tank the weight will push further onto the side pieces of the tank.

Wouldnt risk it. Especially since the fish your likely to put in it are not going to be cheap why skimp on the stand thats got to support what you have just bought.
I already have the tank overhanging at the moment on top of a tool cabinet, but it is sat on the top part of the juwel cabinet that the tank came with!

The reason for this is I am a little tight on space in my garage as I already have 10 tanks in there and wanted to add another.