Do your plecs do any strange things?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Just wondered if you had seen any particularly interesting behaviour with any plecs?
such as odd feeding habits or silly antics?

I have a BN who sleeps on his back a lot -
I think he sucks on the roof of his cave then falls off still asleep.
I am sure snores!
here is is supposed to be guarding his babies but hes back asleep upside down -lol.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
brilliant Irene, great pic.

i have a King Tiger that spends hours and hours every night swimming into the flow from a powerhead, she goes from the front left of the tank to the front right where the powerhead is then sits ontop of it for a rest. this happens every day without fail.

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
When i first brought home my Abn,he was very gregarious,i guess that's what caught my eye at the fish store.I used my veggie clip and hung his food in the front of the tank,he'd hop right on and start eating.Now he's an adult and maybe his instincts have kicked in,he doesn't really hide,but moves alot less.At feeding time,an hour of total darkness before i feed him,he waits for me in the same spot of the tank when he was little.

It's like he's trained.

:D

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
My L001 Loves to eat freeze-dried red shrimp and ching mix from the surface of the water, sometimes he is totally upside-down! I have one oto who (well i think its the same one, they all look the same)swims down the bubble tube on my air sponge filters and cleans the insides.

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
I have a BN who sleeps on his back a lot -
I think he sucks on the roof of his cave then falls off still asleep.
A few of my plecs do that, when i first noticed it, i used go into the tank to check if they were still alive, only to disturb them !

What about fishkeepers doing the strangest things !
I used to sypthon fry into a tub to move them, and i thought i had finished until i noticed a fry in the dry tubing, so i restarted the sypthon quickly and sucked too hard, only to end up with the fry in my mouth, i could feel it moving in there.
Quickly spat the fry out into the tub of water and i think it was fine :blushing:

jerry58

May 7, 2009
Uk
Hi I have a gold nugget that at feeding time to clear the other fish so he can eat he dances on the tip of his snout all over the tank and it works really well not a fish in sight.Looks like he lost his temper does make me laugh:lol:

Jerry

fishheadz

Apr 25, 2009
Yorkshire. UK
:D Crazy fish. I used to have a L177 that spent the biggest part of it's time hanging in the bubbles from the powerhead outlet. It amazed me how it managed to hang on because it was such a powerful flow. :lol:

Steve