Fasting Day

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
So do you give your fish a fasting day?

I do every wednesday, quite hard to walk past the tanks and see them all waiting lol.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
I feed every 3 or 4 days but do stop feeding for a week at times

My tank in my house very rarely gets any food in it

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
I feed once a day, tanks with newly hatched fry get two or three small feedings each day, and one day a week i don't feed adult tanks, but do still feed fry tanks.

Doodles i know what you mean, i feed around the same time each day and on the day that i don't feed the adults i can see them peeking out from their hiding places, waiting for the food to go in and me to leave :re:

plecmom

Jun 2, 2009
AB, Canada
I feed once a day. When I give special treats (blood worms, watermelon for the plec's or something else messy) I will skip the next day feeding since its not always possible to find all the missing pieces or worms they have thrown about the tank. Usually happens once a week but the day depends on me, lol!

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
I feed all mine constantly except my 201 which have a habit of eating for the hell of it.
The 201s get a fasting day twice a week as they get overly fat every now and then.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Forgot about fry. Well my big tank has 1 day off a week but the tank with L144 youngsters has food every day, veggies and wafers. All the fry like veggies, as soon as its put in, they all start shuffling towards it from various places in the tank, tis quite funny to watch.

Oscar300

May 8, 2009
North east uk
Skip feeding after veg's, then once a week skip a day for my dats and oscar, thats not easy walking past the tank. They all give me the stink eye.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
The way i look at it is that in the wild they might not be eating every day and seeing as we try to recreate a natural environment i think it goes for feeding too