Fish House

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Seeing as there has been some interest in FH,s then I though I would share with you my home.

Its a 12x8 Garden shed insulated with Kingspan and Aerotex bubble foil.

I only have 11 tanks running at the moment as I am in the process of moving.

Cheers

thegeeman

I

intrepidmax

The fish house looks awesome Mr Gee,

a few Q's mate.

what sort of insulation are you using...

how are you heating the tanks?....space heater or in-line or in-tank heaters??

I know what lighting you use.....brilliant idea.

thanks for sharing.
mark.

I

intrepidmax

One more thing

do you find 12x8 big enough ???

I wanted 10x8 but went and seen one and found it too small so im now looking at 15x10 and 20x10.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Very nice, will look great when its finished :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I do the jokes round here FF!!!

Sorry Max its actually 12 x 10 and is certainly big enough to have 20 tanks between 2 and 3ft. As for insulation I have a layer of roofing felt all round the inside and then a layer of 50mm kingspan. The last layer is the silver foil (aerotex i think) with batons underneath to create a cavity between it and the kingspan.

Cheers

thegeeman

I

intrepidmax

yeah im going with kingspan too. seems like the fishkeepers choice lol. and I love the foil I have stacks of this kicking about so that will get in the mix too.

concrete shed I wont get away with as its a quarter I live in but wooden no probs. Im gonna check both freecycle and ebay again tomorrow, Im also gonna build my own 18 inch cubes (as i have just been given a price of £800 for 40.....no chance) I also have some stupidly big tanks in the pipeline. im talking huge....sub divided...my worrys are going to be so far away.

gee you know I love your set up

makes me jealous, let the games begin.