Frozen Food

cugerg

Aug 31, 2010
Australia
Hi all

Ive read that some people feed their L-Numbers frozen food? Was wondering if people could write what frozen food they feed and to what kind of L number its to and if they are fry or adults.

Cheers Greg

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Frozen Mysis Shrimp and occasionally prawns, just in the winter when I haven't got as much live food, I feed them to my Hypancistrus.

cheers Darrel

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
i use intra bloodworms
hikari mysis , spirilina brine shrimp and daphnia

daily to all my hypans and meat eaters 3cm+

once a week for a treat to the phantoms/flashies/snowballs

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Hikari Bloodworms
Hikari Mysis
Hikari Brine Shrimp

All omnivores & carnivores. Includes Pseudacanthicus, Peckoltia, Hypancistrus & Ancistrus.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Most of the time I clean forget I even have frozen food in the freezer and feed wafers and veg. For the times I do remember the frozen stuff I have Hikari bloodworm and only hikari as the other brands somehow kill my fish. It goes thru on stilts and only a little bit for each tank not an entire cube of it.
Froze daphnia, mysis, bbs, and brine shrimp are also one hand. What ever I grab at the time. Whole cube for a 3-4ft tank or half for 2fts.

I do not feed frozen food as a staple, only a treat.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Blood worms/black worms (Hikari) once a week to all the fish, frozen prawns/mussels twice a week to my l114, frozen peas (de-shelled) to everyone 12 hours before waterchange.