Hairy puffer on/eating dry foods "video"

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey

It took me over 6 months of trying. No fasting nothing like that. Regular feeding of frozen krill home bred crayfish and A. Spixi snails. What I've noticed about this guy is he does not crush the shells when he eats the snails he just picks off the head/foot of the snails.

Here's a short clip I shot of it eating dry food. It actually really enjoys it. It eats any type I throw in.
My substrate is a bit messy so please forgive me.
I shot this when I returned home from a trip and some floating plants melted away and the snails are making a mess of it.

http://youtu.be/Uc5JIMIWM3c

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
geez, this guy doesn't miss a trick ! he was on it in a second .

Glad to SEE he is eating dry food too now.

After he ate it , it looked like he said '' more '' :whistle:

thanks Jackson, a nice watchable video :clap:

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
Cool, I have never seen a puffer eat pellets before.

What are your thoughts on feeding dry food? Do you think it's healthy for them?

I know what the guys on pf would say lol.

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Zeebo :)

I knew you'd like this one

Mark~
My thoughts are why the bleep would it be unhealthy for them? LoL :)

Of course I still throw in the hard foods like crayfish and snails. It loves crayfish and hates snails. It hardly eats them. There must be 50 snails in there with it. It chews these pellets as well it hurts my teeth when I tested out how hard it is with my front teeth.

The people on PF can kiss my rear any stupid comment they have would be out of jealousy because they haven't achieved this.

Plus the big mouth can't say a thing keeping the fahaka they talk about in a tank too small and once even let it destroy the shell of a soft shell turtle. That person claims they didn't know that would happen lol really how stupid and ignorant can you be.

That PF is a joke plain and simple. I realized that quickly. Full of self proclaimed experts. It's only good for the pedia to Id puffers that's it