Help with cories

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
Hello my panda Cory female (newest addition) Is looking pretty I'll. A couple of the other cories are looking a bit ill too. I'm treating with melafix and changing 10% every other day. The 134s look absolutely fine. What could be causing it? Thanks

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hey Jack,

sorry for that. Have you done anything to the tank lately ? Did you quarantine the new addition before adding to your tank ? What are your temps at and waterchanges as well. Just some more news for us to try and help
cheers jk :thumbup:

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
What are the symptoms they are showing?
Hard to tell what the problem is without some pictures or additional description.

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
hi bb, no nothing different. No i didnt quarantine but i know maidenhead had that lot of pandas and adolfi for months. I do 4 buckets a week, the bucket is 12 litres. I feed every other day on bloodworm, courgette and prima / othre dry foods alternatly.
Temp is 25 - 26'c

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
on panda and one adolfi have a slight white area on one of their eyes, only the 2 are breathing rapidly and the pandas tail seems to be trembling slightly

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Have you got an airstone in the tank or a good flow in the bottom reagions ?
Did you have drastic temp changes maybe a bladder infection ?

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
i have 2 large airstones, one small and i now have a powerhead in there so no shortage of that. Not that i know of, i leave the water for an hour before adding it to make sure there is no drastic temp changes

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
it is hard to tell. any chance of a photo ? have you treated with anything yet like the twins ? Just to make sure although you stated, Ls are fine ?

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
maybe cut down on the bloodworm and just stay with pellets. I would also not feed for a day and observe. cheers jk :thumbup:

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
scratching can be the first sign of whitespot or scale irritation. keep an eye on them for the spots. Maybe I am wrong, but some also seem bloated. Do not feed for a day, keep and eye on spots and monitor and advise

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
I've been doing small ones every other day. Will keep doing that :thumbup: today there seems to be no decrease in condition

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
i would say if they are scratching add salt!
if white spot appears raise temp to 26
increase aeration
and look at getting soime itch treatment

slow down on your water changes for now unless your readings are high in amonia and nitrates! and if so do a big one every 3 days till normal like 30-40%

i could not see any spots

good luck

i hope it all works out well for you