help with info,eggs and fry

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
hello
as some of you guys already know last month i did a trade for some albino cories now its been 4 weeks and i have a heap of eggs :woohoo:

i read that cory eggs take 3-4 days to hatch is this true?

i plan to feed them on the same diet as my bn fry they eat crushed cichlid pellets and veg's. Is this fine or what else?

also how long do they take to grow to a sellable size?

p.s. my bn have still not touch them as its the third day is this normal?

many thanks
Foti

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
1 of 2 things has happened !
or both
im thinking cories hatching out bn smelt it and ate them ?
or more cories have hatched and are hiding ?

lol 1st sounds most likely ay :(

when they hatch what happens to the egg shell des it stay behind?

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
3-4 days is about right, i would go for a smaller food if i were you a the cory fry will be very small. Good water quality, high protein diet i reckon you could sell them within 2 months maybe less.

Big-B

Apr 22, 2009
Kansas City Missouri
Congrats on the spawn. Wow, you've only had them a month and they are spawning already. :clap: Hopefully they are just hiding really well, I hope the Bn's aren't messing with them. How many Bristlenose do you have in the tank? Sometimes a Cory spawn can seem to trigger a BN spawn.:thumbup:

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
thanks guys for your help and replies
well nearlly all eggs are gone i think there are like five left in hard to get to places ?
the shells are not there im hoping they fell off?
but i dought that !

anyways iv seen a new batch of eggs laid today only small compared to the last im thinking about 20 or so. all fertile they were still at it so i hope there is more when i get back ! "i am puting it to the colder waters!"

regarding bn with them there are heaps 40x3cm 4x10cms 3x young guppies females look to be pregnet for the first time and 1 x female halfbeak which has eaten all her young 3 times

the tank is only small 2.5x2x2.5 running 2xair and a cannister filtration

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
yep you were right i seen 3 in there alive and well

lol there so small

as for the new eggs there was 23 in that first batch
and there is another batch about the same behind

if every egg hatch without being eaten im guessing that there would be atleast 100 is that normal??

thank you

Foti