Helpful Posts Upgraded

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
As you can probably see, we have a new Thanks/Thanked program which is replacing the helpful answers mod. We will hopefully be copying all the helpful answers that were given over to this mod when it has been added as a feature.

In your post bit(above the posts) , under your gallery photos link it now says Helpful Posts, to the right of this is a little box to click that expands to show the totals of thanks/thanked. It was implemented in this way to avoid cluttering up the postbit.

There will shorty be a link to the statistics page which contains the top 20 thanks given and thanked members.

There may be plans by the developers to include the 'thanks' button so that it is within the post but we will see how it goes as is for now. The theory is that buttons within the posts tend to get ignored which is why it is directly under each post.

As ever, any questions, problems or suggestions, please use this thread

Thanks

The staff:D

Just to add, there is now a link on the navbar to our calculators page, I have a tank dimension calculator to add to the page soon.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
There is now a link to the top members that say thanks and have been thanked in the dropdown quicklinks menu on the navbar.

There also plans to make the totals that are visible on your posts as clickable links which will make it easier for viewing who gave you thanks and for what posts etc.

Will update when available:D

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
there is a big difference between thanking someone for replying to a thread and indicating that a reply was very helpful.

Steve C

Dec 14, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
There is now a link to the top members that say thanks and have been thanked in the dropdown quicklinks menu on the navbar.

There also plans to make the totals that are visible on your posts as clickable links which will make it easier for viewing who gave you thanks and for what posts etc.

Will update when available:D
May be me being thick, plus I dont like computers much, prefer the old ways of pen and paper lol but I dont have a "quick links" tab, on mine it says "new posts"

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Just checked and quicklinks seems to be absent from nav bar if you are using the blue evo theme. Ill sort it out.