HI BLOW 40

anthonyh

May 13, 2011
manchester
Hi,need a bit of advice on a air ring main i,m putting together at the mo.My fish house is 8ft x 5ft,i am planning on useing 22mm overflow pipe with a HI BLOW 40. Question 1, Is this diameter of the pipe wide enough and Question 2, how many airlines do you think i could run.Regards Tony

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Did you do just the one line with a cap on the end or link it back to join into the line in a circuit?

I did the circuit and use an LP100 lph air pump as mine is a big fishroom. Everytime I want another airline I just punch another hole in, add the connecter and airline and usually an adjustment valve to moderate the air flow.

I have a highblow but never used it as I was warned that with the lower tanks near the floor it may not have enough oomph to push the air to that depth.

Last edited:

anthonyh

May 13, 2011
manchester
The plan is to run it round the full room in a circuit as its not a big room,and then as you say whenever i need a line just drill a hole and add an airline tap and airline.On your circuit did you put a T off from your pump and go from one side of the T round the room and connect back up to the other side of the T.(if that makes sense)

anthonyh

May 13, 2011
manchester
Thanks for the help Brengun.HI ccoole,a HI BLOW 40 is just the name of the pump i,ll be using to make an air ring around my fish house ceiling.

fishmosy

Jan 7, 2010
Coffs Harbour, NSW
I've done the same thing as Brengun in my fishroom but use only a 55LPM Kamair DB40A. I currently run 15 tanks from it (with most tanks having at least two filters/airstones) and I still have to dump heaps of air.

The pump has been extremely reliable for several years now and best of all I save heaps on electricity. Imagine running powered filters for all those tanks:cry:.

In short, PVC pipe at 20 or 25mm is good and run a loop and you won't go wrong.