Hi help..

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
in my view it would always go back on, how sure is the breeder himself that the fish he had are L066 ? Maybe with so many squiggles he also bought a breeding pair of mixed Ls as that is what they were told. There is no doubt that say L333, come in various colours now and also different squiggle markings. Some L333 breeders either like the yellows or white. The same for the L066 . If I were you, I would split the colony to fish you think are L066 and then the others. Maybe we are all wrong and they are L066s with different markings. Some Ls only show their correct full markings at maturity. It is hard. Maybe go back to this store and ask to see the parents. maybe they put in their fry raising tank other Ls as well. sorry cheers jk :thumbup:

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
in my view it would always go back on, how sure is the breeder himself that the fish he had are L066 ? Maybe with so many squiggles he also bought a breeding pair of mixed Ls as that is what they were told. There is no doubt that say L333, come in various colours now and also different squiggle markings. Some L333 breeders either like the yellows or white. The same for the L066 . If I were you, I would split the colony to fish you think are L066 and then the others. Maybe we are all wrong and they are L066s with different markings. Some Ls only show their correct full markings at maturity. It is hard. Maybe go back to this store and ask to see the parents. maybe they put in their fry raising tank other Ls as well. sorry cheers jk :thumbup:
Well to be fair this guy is probably the number 1 in the uk when it comes to plecs, i had a good reply from Jo/Nick on another forum which indicates that the forked tails are L066 yellow and white variety.. But they would like to see more pics of the little spotted one.. which i think there is probably 2 of because i bought them as 2..

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Well we have our answer... It appears someone went into the shop and looked at a tank labelled "L066" and asked for 2, paid for 2 x "L066", then sold them on. The a year down the line BAMMMMMM one is L333 and one is L400.... Not even one of them was L066!