Hmm new and which one?

lilacamy931

Oct 22, 2009
Bournemouth
Hello
We have a 160 litre tank, just joined the forum and trying to find the perfect plec for our tank, we want something quite stunning and the two main choices we really really like are teh L260 Queen Arabesques and the zebras. I would really really love zebras but we have a limited budget (ish), what are the price tags nowadays, understand wild caught ones arent available but home bred? Sorry if vague! A main concern is we havent owned a plec before and it would be awful to lose a beautiful and expensive fish

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
best avoiding the expensive ones for a while, could end up being a costly way to find out about keeping plecs.
there are plenty around that are much easier to keep and only a fraction of the price.

L134 are always a good alternative, relatively easy to keep, should be easier to find than zebs and a lot cheaper (although they are a lot more expensive than they used to be)
http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1752

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Yeah you can send my FREE ones to......... lol
ummmmmmm no But we can always exchange young. I would like to be able to offer unlrelated pairs at a very reasonable price too:yes:

Cheers

thegeeman

oh forgot to use the whistle smiley:whistle::whistle: not sure why but it seems to be a craze spreading accross the forum:D

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
ummmmmmm no But we can always exchange young. I would like to be able to offer unlrelated pairs at a very reasonable price too:yes:

Cheers

thegeeman

oh forgot to use the whistle smiley:whistle::whistle: not sure why but it seems to be a craze spreading accross the forum:D
When :whistle: mine :whistle: have :whistle: a :whistle: decent:whistle: spawn:whistle: we will swap, got bored of the smiley thing