how do i delete my PP account

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Wouldn't a ban do the same thing?
it would, but we dont like to ban accounts, most have done nothing wrong, merely taken offence to something, they may want to return in the future, so we dont delete accounts either.
simplest way as said above is to not log in

Warborg

Oct 17, 2009
Austin,Texas
I was wondering, at another site it is also common for people to ask for account deletion. The owners(powers to be) claim they can't do it and suggest the same thing about not logging in

IanB

Jul 21, 2011
Mid_Suffolk, UK
www.oldschoolmtb.co.uk
The owners(powers to be) claim they can't do it and suggest the same thing about not logging in
It's very unlikely that they can't do it. I've owned/run a fair few forums in the last 10 years and not one of them has been unable to remove accounts.

I just used to get fed up with the attention seeking drama of people posting on the open forum that they want to be deleted so refused unless there was an exceptional reason (or they'd earned a banning) and they'd found the right people to ask via email or pm (which, let's face it, isn't exactly rocket science).

Most of them grew a thicker skin and carried on as normal anyway (and the ones who did get removed inevitably came back and pretended they were someone else :whistle: )

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
We always have the option to do it, you need that option otherwise we'd be flooded with spam accounts.
But as with this case, the account holder has done nothing wrong, it would seem wrong to just remove them incase they decide they want to return at some point

Craig09

Apr 28, 2009
darlington uk
well i dont want it deleting now i was wanting it deleted before i blew my top with a few ppl then getting banned but stuff them its only a minority that try to be clever and think there pure smart arses.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
well i dont want it deleting now i was wanting it deleted before i blew my top with a few ppl then getting banned but stuff them its only a minority that try to be clever and think there pure smart arses.
It happens on all forums unfortunately, best thing in my experience is ignore them. You do have an option also to physically ignore in the usercp I believe.

IanB

Jul 21, 2011
Mid_Suffolk, UK
www.oldschoolmtb.co.uk
You do have an option also to physically ignore in the usercp I believe.
Yep, you can put users on an ignore list.. you'll still see that they've posted and will see their post if someone (not on your ignore list) quotes them.. but ignoring the buttheads is much better than letting them spoil things on an otherwise splendid community and chucking your toys..

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
mmmmm what a joy.....cheers jk :thumbup: