How the breeding going?

TeamSherman

Jun 8, 2015
Sydney
I'm awaiting my next Peppermint spawn now. It's been 6 weeks since the last two spawns and I've got 80+ babies growing well eating like pigs too! I did a 50% water change and filter clean yesterday after feeding them for the last three nights before that and four out of five females are hanging around separate caves so I just need the three males to get active cause I'm certain the girls want to lay eggs!!!

As for the Endler guppies in there, those buggers don't stop! I'm at the point where I think there may be toooo many in there at the moment but I'm too lazy to catch all the babies and I'm trying not to disturb the adult pepps.

leisure_man

Mar 24, 2014
3rd Rock from the Sun
Breeding is going well. All the Rio Tapajos plecos like L134, L260, L262 are still breeding. Even the Rio Xingu L46 just got another spawn. L174 for some reason is taking a break after having like 5 or 6 spawns in a row. Havent check the L66 or the L201 lately, but there are fry from previous spawns still growing in the tank.

I would assume all Ancistrus breeds like cockroaches all year round maybe with the exception of L82.

Last edited:

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Collected l397 eggs that were kicked out had them tumbling only to find out non were fertile as all developed fungi

Great work leisure-man would love to see a pic and a write up on your work !
If you can be bothered I know you have helped me in the past could help others plus interested in seeing your set up

TeamSherman

Jun 8, 2015
Sydney
With my Pepps I've dropped my temperature to 24-25c as it seems it was pretty high at about 29-30c so I'm hoping it might get them in the mood again. If they haven't spawned in the next week or so I'll bump it back up to about 28c again and see if that does anything for them. I did however see the dominant male up the other end of the tank in a cave that's usually owned by one of the known breeder females and another male was outside his cave at the other end fanning so I'll leave them alone for a few days and see what happens.

Dempsey_au

Nov 6, 2014
Sydney
Im jealous of leisure man.
But: my L201 are breeding consistently now - have 26 fry total growing, from multiple small batches because they're young..
every 3 weeks, getting a clutch,
Peppermints of course, is a never ending drama of breeding and work looking after.
And had 2 x L333 spawns :)

leisure_man

Mar 24, 2014
3rd Rock from the Sun
I like my L201s. Here are a few pics of them.

A group of juvies.

Here is one of the adult males.

An adult female.

Underside of the same female.

Topview of a female.

One with a more golden-orange dots.