Hybrids

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
there are some nice looking fish there, but i've seen some equally nice pure 66's, 333's etc before, i think it just adds too much confusion to an already meesed up family (hypans), with too many hybrids on the market, makes it almost impossible to know that we are getting the right stock to breed pure bloods, just MO

I

intrepidmax

I wonder how long it will be before people actually want hybrids and how much they are going to pay. I bet this could turn into a very expensive market if someone decided they wanted break the seal on hybrids.

I bet the 260 x 46 would sell for stupid money. its always the same someone always wants something a bit unusual.

I

intrepidmax

Is L250 a hybrid? does anyone know the deffinitive answer ?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I don't think the L250 is a hybrid, comes from the Rio Iriri
But not many have been imported

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
All living things are hybrids

look at dogs cats ect even humans hybrid is just a cross that is all some suvive some do not

We have stuffed nature so many times what the hell.

I

intrepidmax

PMSL....wonder what I was crossed with.

I have the memory of a gold fish and the body of a god.....so errr pmsl. oh did I mention I have the looks of dot cotton.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
there are some nicely coloured and patterned fish listed, but to be honest those that breed Hypans know that sometimes you get the odd young that stands out from the rest and looks amazing. I have seen it with the L066 i breed, some have turned out pure black/white with amazing patterns, i have some L400 from Windy and they look truely amazing.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Like Doodles said at the top, Hybrids are here to stay. Theres enough pretty hypans out there already without having to create more. I have cross bred 260/411 but that was down to me thinking there were both 260. I have also had spawns from other mixed hypans but have never kepted on or reared any of the eggs. I can guarantee people out there are cross breeding hypans with out even knowing because of Ms-id.

Cheers

thegeeman

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
What are the possiblities of species cross breeding in the wild and is it possible for some L's to already be hybrids?