Hypancistrus facts....Help.

I

intrepidmax

I have a talk to do on Hypancistrus as part of a course im doing. I already know alot about fish but I now need some interesting facts.

How many different hypancistrus are there? I mean that have L numbers.

And any Interesting facts that you have for me would be great.....please

regards
mark.

I

intrepidmax

Thanks Andrew. this is the sort of stuff I'm looking for.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
You have to do a talk on Hypancistrus :lol::lol::lol::lol:

When and where, I will be there:D:D

Macvsog23 does catfish talks so would be well worth talking to him Mark.

Cheers

thegeenius

I

intrepidmax

Lol its a course to move up in rank....its meant to give me the balls to take lessons and boss people about lol.

and my chosen subject is hypancistrus. lol

at school my first ever fish talk was on the Emperor Tetra

My second...at school was breeding the Red Eye tetra

My Third at school was the life and breeding of the leeri/three spot/blue gouramis.

and one at college was on the life of the Lobster

and my second at college was on the spawning of scallops and how to catch the young.

and there has been a few more in my time lol. oh and I also did a talk at school on micro machines because I thought I was cool. lol.

I

intrepidmax

Unique......my mum said.

freak.....my wife said

I just like to think I'm a little bit odd.....thank F*ck I found you lot.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Id talk about dentition of the jaw, feeding and odontodes.
If i didnt know much in regards to the above id been amazed to sit and listen to somone confidently talk about them.

Unique......my mum said.

freak.....my wife said

I just like to think I'm a little bit odd.....thank F*ck I found you lot.
Love it :goodpost:

I

intrepidmax

Pmsfl .....noooooooooooooo I would say nuffink about bottom feeders.....

I don't feed from anyone's bottom.....not even my wife's.

I know alot of people wont have a clue but I would like to think that im teaching something...

One night we all layed in our beds while I rattled on about plecs for well over an hour.....the lads just kept questioning me.....and a few have said they might get a fish tank...(to my total surprise) It's an interesting subject....and to be honest...I think...once you get and keep your (boring sit in a cave all day) L number you become hooked....and you end up watching your plec for hours just sitting in his cave....with his back to you....lol.

So It's surprising just how many people want to know about plecs (especially L numbers)

I dont think I will have to make anything up......chances are I could pop question time in early and let the lesson teach itself.

thanks for the advice everyone...

any facts??

I

intrepidmax

Pmsfl....hey do you think my Gay L199 would start breeding if I told them I would sell them.

come to think about it...I had a trapping tonight.......but I reckon its just 2 males bunking up again.....lmao.

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
if it was 2 males in a cave you would soon know about it, they dont tend just just snuggle up together lol

in my experience if 2 males are in a cave they will do there best to rip each other to bits