i got lucky

hullfishman

Apr 26, 2009
hull
hi guys, I was just adding some caves to my 411 tank and as I put my arm into the water I noticed it was very cold so I checked the heater to find it was not working 'panic' in a flash my bedroom was turned upside down and all I could find was a 50w to heat my 4x2x2 , yeah right! I just called my mate and he will be here soon with a 300w for me to borrow. all my 411 are ok phew.
moral of the story, always use 2 heaters on larger tanks and always always have a thermometer in there too. I got lucky but you might not.
dave

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
hi guys, I was just adding some caves to my 411 tank and as I put my arm into the water I noticed it was very cold so I checked the heater to find it was not working 'panic' in a flash my bedroom was turned upside down and all I could find was a 50w to heat my 4x2x2 , yeah right! I just called my mate and he will be here soon with a 300w for me to borrow. all my 411 are ok phew.
moral of the story, always use 2 heaters on larger tanks and always always have a thermometer in there too. I got lucky but you might not.
dave
not good mate, hope they are ok. do you know what temp the tank dropped down to??? may encourage a spawn with them lol

i have 2 thermometers in each of my tanks that that exact reason :yes:

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
that's not good news dave. glad they all seem to be ok :)

i'm bad when it comes to checking the temp....i think i have one thermo in one tank out of the 30 or so i have....but the room is aircond to the right temp.

Big-B

Apr 22, 2009
Kansas City Missouri
I'm glad you hav'nt lost anything. :yes: I always double up on heaters in bigger tanks, plus I got my kids in the habit of checking the thermometers at least once a day.