I want a Panaque

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Lol your plecs and tank are awesome Sean<3<3

But my poor house can only cope with a nano for now lol.
I need a fish room:( a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig one.

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Thats inspiring enough for me Oscar......how big is the Papa in the first picture? And what are the 2 plecs with the orange fins, dont think i've seen them before.

Not long until L350 day.....

Oscar300

May 8, 2009
North east uk
Lol yeah I have seen it, one of my dream plecs but I'm moving house soon so I'm not suposed to be buying........and I'm struggling to qt him in my spare tank, need it for the move! The gold fins are l360, great fish, good size as I have had them a while and love them. I have just been taking some vids of the big wiska having some snap, will get the vid posted up tomorow hopefully. Still don't have any good stuff on my big xingu, he is not happy with a camera.

As for gold line, you will be my first port of call mate!

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
Lol yeah I have seen it, one of my dream plecs but I'm moving house soon so I'm not suposed to be buying........and I'm struggling to qt him in my spare tank, need it for the move! The gold fins are l360, great fish, good size as I have had them a while and love them. I have just been taking some vids of the big wiska having some snap, will get the vid posted up tomorow hopefully. Still don't have any good stuff on my big xingu, he is not happy with a camera.

As for gold line, you will be my first port of call mate!
:D ever since i saw him just havent saw a nicer panaque. Make sure you get some some of your xingu too, im still to see some of him, I think your update thread is well overdue.

Sorry for taking over your thread Doodles, What nano you going for? I saw one of the new fluval edges for £80, that seams pretty good to me and they look smart too.

Oscar300

May 8, 2009
North east uk
Could I be second? Oh and on a completely different subject did I ever tell you that you were the inspiration for me to get into Panaque?
I'm glad you did bud, gecko got me into it lol, dam panaque fever it's gripping! Your fish are looking great, would be happy to home gold line in with him!

And dub, I would be fizzing on the spot if I was expecting the fish you have coming!!!!!

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
I'm glad you did bud, gecko got me into it lol, dam panaque fever it's gripping! Your fish are looking great, would be happy to home gold line in with him!
After I had seen yours, I saw all the SG bro's like Gecko, Akoh and Hans-Tank, and it cemented it for me. Worst thing was that as soon as my interest peeked the big panaque stopped coming in. First time at Pier I saw a 40cm Xingu and 30cm Pure black and white Royal (amongst all the others), then nothing after that. I'll be out of the game for at least a year though, I hope it will have picked up by the time I get back in.

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
After I had seen yours, I saw all the SG bro's like Gecko, Akoh and Hans-Tank, and it cemented it for me. Worst thing was that as soon as my interest peeked the big panaque stopped coming in. First time at Pier I saw a 40cm Xingu and 30cm Pure black and white Royal (amongst all the others), then nothing after that. I'll be out of the game for at least a year though, I hope it will have picked up by the time I get back in.
Out for a year? you off to uni mat? your not giving up though are you?

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
Out for a year? you off to uni mat? your not giving up though are you?
Definitely not giving up, but my fish might, my mum is in charge of my tanks, woo! Im gonna try and wangle some tank space somewhere since im studying marine biology and zoology. 2nd year I will find somewhere where I can fit a tank in, panaque sized obviously.

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009

And dub, I would be fizzing on the spot if I was expecting the fish you have coming!!!!!
Just wait til you see the pics then Oscar, here's the details \/\/\/

The shipment arrived last night with a 100% survival rate and a serious amount of WOW factor

I received 6 big L90a ranging from 7-9" with massive and beautifully long tail extensions. Also the largest one appears to be differant to the other 5.

OMG the L350s.......2 of them are HUGE and seriously special, over all body length is about 10" plus 4-5" tail and extensions coming out of a striking 45deg angled tail . I also received 3 others 4", 6" & 8" the tail extensions arent as long on the smaller ones.

I will hopefully get some pictures on Saturday, by then they should have settled in and coloured up. As they have only been in for 24hrs so far.

The big 350s are truely amazing........

* WARNING PANAQUE-AHOLICS*

I will be getting all the big guns during the summer, next shipment will be in August probably. I am waiting for confirmation on Platinums, Golds, Greens, Shampupa & L90e Juanjuis.........all providing my man in SA comes up trumps;)

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Okay they are all settling really well, the L90s are absolutely solid and already in A1 condition. I'm still over the moon with the 350s they are taking a little longer to settle, 2 of the larger ones have darkend up very nicely, the third is still showing white marks around the plates but i'm not concerned about it.

I have a PF & PP member coming down from the North East next week, I'm sure he'll be happy to bring one back for you if you need?

http://plecomate.com/plecs.html

The pics here actual fish, sorry the pics are pants like most of mine.