ID and wound???

jenste

Nov 23, 2010
Rhode Island
ok, so remember me posting earlier last week about a woman at work who quite literally dropped two fish off at my desk? (they were two clown plecos we later determined...)

well...she decided to get rid of the clowns because they were "taking over" her 5 gallon tank. :wb:

well...today she dropped off the remainder of her stock - she "has had it" with fish tanks....apparently a 5 gallon tank is to difficult for her to master

so now I also have her two cories - - And I can't figure out what they are...

On the brighter side, it also semi-solves one problem for me....
I had adopted a single peppered corydoras a few months back from another co-worker and since then I have been searching the fish and pet stores nearby for the same species and could not any more peppereds. I felt horrible that he was alone but was trying to find coryies of the same species for him to shoal with...

well, now I have 3 cories - a mixed shoal but I suppose for all fish involved it is better than what they had before...

one also appears to have a wound on its left side behind its fin (pictures 4 and 5)....any suggestions as to ID and what I can do for this little guy???

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Corydoras trilineatus. Often sold as Corydorus julii but julii is much more rare & expensive ost found in stores are typically trilineatus.

To treat the wound, keep the water clean with frequent water changes. You could also try adding Pimafix & Melafix.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Amazing the arrogance of the woman "her tank" well I would make her live in it bet the daft moo never did water change’s and feed’s 3 times a day