L114 spawn close ?

tadj

Apr 23, 2009
Australia,nsw
Hi i might be jumping the gun a little but my 20cm l114 female was out feeding,its the first time ive seen her out and about for months and she was that fat she looks like shes got a golf ball in her stomach,now all i need to happen is the 25cm l114 male and very grumpy let her into hes cave and as soon as it happens if it happens ill take pics i was going to take a pic of the female but didn't want to scare her wish me luck hopefully there will soon be heaps of l114 in oz

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
hope it happens mate, sounds like she is more than ready.
dont jump straight on them with a camera ready though if it does happen, the last thing you want to do is spook them.
good luck Tad

tadj

Apr 23, 2009
Australia,nsw
thanks mate i agree with not being camera happy thats why i didn't take a pic of the girl,this year my Ls seem to be very keen my l066sa are spawning like bristlenose its full on

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
excellent stuff, the more Aus breeders the better, hopefully one day it'll start to get the prices down over there:dk:

tadj

Apr 23, 2009
Australia,nsw
heres a couple of pics sorry about the dirty glass lol rearange the tank and put the male and females caves side by side
male and female

gravid female?

tadj

Apr 23, 2009
Australia,nsw
hi just a quick update the female has gotten even fater she looks like she going to pop and hanging a cave next to the males and carry's on every time the male ventures near the cave like shes inviting him in lol