L144

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Ok, i'm going to be the big bad.....This is the classifieds not an ID thread, and not a thread in Chit Chat.

So what I am doing is moving all the above posts into a discussion thread in Pleco ID. You guys are welcome to do all the chit chat and discussion you want to there.

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
I don't get it. If they are the progeny of the two breeders of two years ago who were sold for $800 and the fry were $50 each, why then are these 3cm fish offered for sale 1400% higher in price?

i dont know if they are or not brenda..... eye formation is very similar... but not too sure on the body... as the pair that sold had very normal length fins... the fry pictured by wtf have nice long fins...

i had a feeling the pair went to a novice fish keeper and may have died... otherwise we would have seen their fry for sale on here surely....

although wtf's post was worded openly for either possible scenario...

all crap aside they look like very nice fish and im sure we'd all like to have them for a reasonable price.... you can buy zebra plecs for $650 at 3cm.... i know which i'd rather have....

Boots n all

Dec 16, 2009
Thomastown
there was a unique pair of albino bn sold over 1-2 years ago on plecofanatics which went for around $800... they spat out fry with 50% blue eyes and 50% pink eyes.... the male fish had black patches on it and dark eyes from the photos... fry were going for around $50 each then....
surely someone must have this pair or at least some of their fry????

:wb: stupid me should of bought them.... lol...

sorry to be a pain but can we see more pictures please.....
Show us where these fish are or even a post of them for sale????

l think its great for you to speak up, but we need some facts here, because what your saying is not good for the seller or buyers.

So if you dont the facts.:whistle:............if you do, thats great lets see them please it would be a big help to all