L199

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
An Omnivore that leans towards a meatier diet, so the main diet should consist of meaty foods such as frozen foods (tubifex, mosquito larvae, blood worms, artemia), dry foods (freeze-dried foods, flakes, granules), carnivore sinking pellets, and occasionally some small pieces of shrimp, mussels or fish fillet. Once acclimatized, it will often also accept accepts vegetable matter such as algae/spirulina disks and fresh vegetables (lettuce, zucchini/courgette, eggplant/aubergine, capsicum, carrot, peas, preboiled spinach).
This species usually does not eat algae (it lacks suitable teeth for that task), so it's not a suitable fish to keep your tank free of algae.
From the L199 profile
http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1832

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
nice fish, how many have you got/getting

also notice in the article....
Hypancistrus youngsters may require a more vegetable based diet according to Back to Nature Lnumbers book.

PlecoLad-UK

Nov 11, 2009
Hampshire
Hi Irene,

I have a trio of adults coming in the next few weeks hopefully. Your L128s are doing well and are nice and fat. I need to talk to you as regard the swap for the 270s as i may not be able to take them as my fry tank had taken a turn for the worst.