l200 wont eat

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
Aaah.......I thought that was just anti parasite, I'm an esha queen myself, seems to cure all when I have had problems, though I have never had a none eater to treat before.

I think if it were me I'd be trying hard to grow some nice green algae of some rocks and see if it will at least have a munch on that. At least it will give a clue as to whether it's an issue of acclimatisation and finding the right food to tempt him. You're little L144's Lisa just love mushroom, it's by far their favourite, they can see off a huge one in a day. It could just be trial and error assuming the meds don't work

Last edited:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I think we can get prazi in the UK now, the problem with most of the meds available for fish here is that they are made up of chemicals and we don't really know the long term damage or effects.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Thats the problem, you may need to switch to waterbourne prazi and metro even though feeding meds is more effect.

Jan 23, 2010
Gillette wyo
well i think iwaited too long to start treating the fish because it was dead when i got home for lunch today. along with my big marble veil male angel too. Im not too happy about it. I dd a big water change, gonna do t again tomorrow and possible treat the tank still to be safe

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
Sorry to hear about that. Wild caught fish can often be a problem unfortunatley, and you have no idea what diseases they may be bringing with them. It's always a good idea to have a quarantine tank for new fish. I always keep a small spare filter going in one of my main tanks to have something ready to go when needed.

L200's are beautiful fish, try and find a hobby breeder to buy one from.

MiB1986

Jan 31, 2010
UK, Kent
It's always a good idea to have a quarantine tank for new fish. I always keep a small spare filter going in one of my main tanks to have something ready to go when needed.
Must say i do the same for my marine tank and tropicals, i use a fluval 2+ in most of the juwels, it tucks nicely infront of the pre installed filter,

Additionally quantine is a pain i know but it does not have to be set up permantly which is what most people assume, if you use the above method of running a spare filter in an established tank, you are ready to go within hours, you can even use the established tank for water etc... i often water change my main for the quantine tanks.

OP sorry for your lost, ive lost a pleco before L264 because he just refused to eat. I understand how you feel.