L201 breeding - any tank mates?

teddyman5

Oct 4, 2009
leeds
I have set up a 4ft tank with sand cobbles wood and slate caves for my 5 L201 to have a go at breeding.Any possibility of top swimming tank mates or would this upset them?
If I could have some what would be suitable?

Thanks a lot for help and advice

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
i'd think you'll be fine with a shoal of small tetras or similar, doubt they would bother the plecs too much, a lot of the hypan breeders keep cories with them too.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I personally dont keep any other fish other than cories in my breeding tanks but I suffer from paranoia:D:D.

Cant see no harm in it but just my preference not to

Cheers

thegeeman

mquinny123

Aug 13, 2009
Sheffield
I personally dont keep any other fish other than cories in my breeding tanks but I suffer from paranoia:D:D.

Cant see no harm in it but just my preference not to

Cheers

thegeeman
Gee

Do you recommend keeping cories with l270? there messy buggers and im thinkin of have a couple as a clean up, what type of cories do you keep in there?

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Gee

Do you recommend keeping cories with l270? there messy buggers and im thinkin of have a couple as a clean up, what type of cories do you keep in there?
:yes::yes::yes: The main reason I got them was for a clean up crew. I even find babies in the tanks which is a bonus. They dont seem to hassle the fry either.

Cheers

thegeeman