L260 Queen Arabesque set up

young1nj

May 28, 2009
Michigan
I have a question if I may.

Do you use anything for a flow or current such as a powerhead? I have just read that QA260s need a heavy current, but from what I can tell you are having great results with what you have.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I have a question if I may.

Do you use anything for a flow or current such as a powerhead? I have just read that QA260s need a heavy current, but from what I can tell you are having great results with what you have.

I have a Eheim external running with a diffuser BUT i dont really believe flow is the key to breeding 260. Just good clean water and a warm temp. When I strip the tank in the next few weeks I am going to try and breed them in a 2ft with just UGF and air filter.

Cheers

thegeeman

lealea

Apr 25, 2009
Brisbane Australia
Wow I love to here that the spawns are getiing larger We have had a few L260 spawns and they hve all been around the 15 so far I can't wait to see them have larger groups. The fry photos are great and do the babies justice as they are so cute. I just love ours. Do you find them slow growing? I have in comparison to my pekoltias. leaela

I

intrepidmax

I love this log and find myself pouring over it time and time again. well I now have two wild adults male and female on the way to me.
I managed to loss 3 of the five I got from you G due to a faulty heater and the young not liking the colder temps.

I also have another 3 young on the way too so that has now completed the bloodlines sepperation for me. I will try and get another bloodline when I find one.

Its not long now until I move houses (cant wait) so I will be dedicating three 3fts to the L260 (one outgrowing tank with divider, 1 breeding tank and one tanks for juveniles) eventually I hope to have all three tanks acting as breeding adult tanks. and then maybe a six foot divided tank acting as the outgrow.

once again well done and I wish some of your magic would rub off on my tanks.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
They are quite slow growing but not as slow as 46 or 201. I have removed 2 females at the moment as the male was having 4 spawns every 5 weeks and that is way to much to deal withB-).

I might get another male or sell the 2 surplus females

Cheers

thegeeman

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Hi :)

Very nice hypans :)

What are you feeding the adults and juvies please ?

I feed them a mix of tetra prima,Algae wafers,Doromin,fish flake. I use a pestle and mortar and grind it down into a fine powder so no chance of the fry choking on anything. Once a week they have some frozen baby brine shrimp.

Cheers

thegeeman

Last edited:
I

intrepidmax

For my smaller fish I soak some doromin and then crush it between my fingers so it sinks......and my fish totally go nuts for it. they dont go nuts for anything else although they will eat it.

im feeding shrimp pellets, nutafin max catfish, jmc catfish, trout/salmon pellets, doromin, hikari algae wafers, frozen bloodworm, frozen beefheart, frozen lambs heart, frozen brinshrimp, frozen special mix, discus sinkers, small discus sinkers (free from my mates fish food company lol) and a few other little tit bits.